Do Google RankBrain Matters and How to Optimize for it?
Google RankBrain was introduced in the year 2015 but this is the third most important ranking factor that Google accounts to rank for all search queries. It helps in understanding human languages and utilizing its artificial intelligence and machine learning in order to rank any query on Google. The best part is it relates words to real-world concepts.
What is Google RankBrain?
RankBrain is an algorithm based on machine learning in order to show the results for queries on search engine result pages. Earlier Google did not understand synonyms and figurative meanings. Now, Google RankBrain works on the principle based on quality backlinks, domain authority, page authority, content freshness, content lengths, etc.
How RankBrain Works?
RankBrain mainly works on two main factors.
- Understanding the keywords in the queries people search for. Earlier Google displays the exact match keywords but now it relates the keyword with other queries and displays the best-matched results. For example, if people are searching to buy AirPods then it shows the apple site on the top as Google knows and can relate the search results from Apple and Airpods and that is why it is displaying results accordingly.
- Measuring the interaction of people with search results. Google now uses the algorithm as follows
There are four factors that Google looks at when interacting with the search results.
- Bounce Rate – The pages on which visitors leave without showing any action, such as clicking a popup, making a purchase, filling out the form, etc.
- Organic click-through rate – The rate searchers are clicking based on the impressions shown on the search engine result pages. If they keep on bouncing from page to page then there will also be changes in showing the output other times by dropping off the pages not having good organic click-through rates.
- Dwell Time – This is the time spent by searchers on a particular landing page after clicking your search result.
- Pogo Sticking – When searchers keep on shifting their search results from 1 to 2, 2 to 3. Then Google checks which result is most relevant and use algorithm to display the best search results next time.
Factors Google RankBrain Uses to Analyze the Search Results
- Keyword Matching
- Link Diversity
- Anchor Text
- Domain Authority
- Related Topics
- Content Depth
Does RankBrain Impact SEO?
- Different queries have different signals.
Earlier the search results are based on the traditional signals but sometimes search results require the content based on the user’s need. The content and meta tags should be optimized for the query intent of the searchers.
2. Maintaining the Website’s Reputation
This can be obtained by optimizing the keyword-rich pages that matter the most. The SEOs should know that the site needs freshness, backlinks, high engagement, etc. The authority of the domain must build a reputation based on the factors Google RankBrain depends on mainly. So, your brand can be trusted for publishing particular content that Google can display according to the brand reputation and matching factors.
3. One Page One Keyword is dead
Targeting a particular keyword like a spoon for metal spoons, or a kitchen spoon is old school practice. People should instead create the content by combining all the key phrases into one optimized URL and incorporating natural language including keywords that match searchers. Remember that commonly these are the search terms they speak or search on Google. The RankBrain algorithm includes a combination of keyword concepts and comprehensive content.
How to Optimize Landing Pages for Google RankBrain?
- Avoid long tail keywords and rather use medium tail keywords to optimize having good search volumes.
- Create your title with emotion by using CoSchedule as it generates the score that will get the most shares and likes.
- Use Brackets and parentheses at the end of your Meta Title.
- You can use numbers to get attention from searchers online.
- Optimize your meta description to convey emotion and reason to get clicks and do not forget to add primary keywords.
- Push your main content above the fold to attract visitors to take any action on the website as this will reduce the bounce rate.
- Try to make a short introduction and list H2, H3 H4 to get the attraction of visitors. This will improve the dwell time.
- To improve the dwell time, you can write in-depth content.
- Optimizing the landing page with multiple keywords as multi-query On-page will be the future soon.
- Unique and Relevant content will support the rankings in long term.
- Optimize the landing pages using LSI keywords practice which will make your content comprehensive.
- Add schema markup to make the content rich and entice the searcher’s click.
The Bottom Line
This post will help you to understand the Google RankBrain and how it matters to rank your landing page on top based on key ranking factors and knowing the impact of algorithms on search engine result pages.