Nowadays nobody is interested in going directly to the travel website and booking trips. Search engines like Google and Bing are huge repositories for searchers requesting travel queries.
“It’s reported that more than 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines.”
It isn’t easy to get exposure in the online space without performing travel SEO.
What is Travel SEO?
Travel SEO is the process of optimizing your travel website with a compiled list of white hat SEO techniques and implementing them to improve the visibility and rankings on the SERPs and drive massive traffic. Traffic from the searchers will be relevant as it is from the people who are actively researching travel plans. SEO is an effective channel to help potential customers to find your business when they plan a trip.
Building Travel SEO Marketing Strategy
- Tracking and Setup
Measuring is an important step to have all your pages configured to check the travel SEO marketing effects. Here are some of the important steps you need to execute for effective SEO.
- Set up a Google Tag Manager account
- Install Google Analytics 4 using a tag manager
- Verify Google Search Console
- Submit XML sitemap to Google and check the indexing status
2. Finding Keywords
There are some ways to identify and target keywords having good search volume and less keyword difficulty. Make a list of keywords you think people might search for to find you. Perform the competitor search and find the keywords they are already ranking for. You can also use the answer the public tool to find the questions. You can also search keywords based on seasonality. Use the filter to sort the data from the highest to lowest number of monthly searches.
3. On-Page SEO & Content
Start targeting the keywords in the content that follows search volume prioritized keywords. Map keywords and write the content using them naturally in the content. Use a tool SEMrush & ahref that increases the likelihood that your content will rank. Add well-optimized and unique photos. Separate the content with attractive heading tags (mostly H2s). Make sure to add the headings consistently. Request indexing in Google Search Console once you publish the content for fast indexing.
4. Perform Technical SEO
It is important to make the content visible on the search engine in order to get traffic.
- Use HTTPS and not HTTP protocol.
- Create mobile-friendly content.
- Add structure data and schema markup to improve the visibility
- Check from time to time the indexation on the Google search console.
- Add internal links to the pages
- Optimize Images for fast loading.
- Increase site speed.
- Use proper Canonicalization and Redirects.
5. Link Building
The final and most important part is off-page and link-building and there are several techniques that work
- Posting content on travel niche sites
- Use Infographic submission
- Guest Posting on authoritative websites.
- Reach out to unlinks site mentions and request links
- Link Bait and Link Reclamation
- Broken Link building
- Outreaching to the travel Influencer
- Respond to HARO (Help a Reporter Out) inquiries to generate good and easy links.
- Disavow spammy links in Google search console.